- Why do you think it is important to tie the technology to the objective? Tying the technology to the objective will make the technology an integral part of the learning and something that enhances the objective. It hopefully, will make the lesson more memorable.
- Why should we hold students accountable for the stations/centers? By holding the students accountable, the students are part of the lesson and the tools are not just "play time."
- Visit 2 of the applicable links to interactive websites for your content/grade level. Which sites did you like. How could you use them as stations? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?
I like the postcard creator at
http://www.readwritethink.org/. This way students could be held accountable by having to make a grade-able project in the time allotted.
The limits activity at http://illuminations.nctm.org/ActivityDetail.aspx?ID=153 clearly displays a complex concept of infinite geometric series. A short online googledocs quiz could hold students accountable for the concept.
- List two to three apps you found for the iPod Touch/iPad that you can use in your classroom. What do you see that station looking like? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations? Educreations Interactive Whiteboard Students could work in teams to use the interactive whiteboard to show others how to solve Calculus problems. iMovie Students could work in teams to make an imovie that would demonstrate solving a Calculus problem.
- What about other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad? Share another way you can see your students using the device as a station. I will not be certain about this until I get the watch the students work with the ipads.